Saturday, September 26, 2009

Birthdays...



Birthdays seem to be the only thing that keep me drawing lately. This one is done by everyone’s favorite mood setter… the Awkward Turtle! You really gotta love this guy; not only can he turn almost any completely unsettling situation into a festive game of hip sign language… but he comes with an all star posse who can fill in when he’s out saving the world! You know awkward turkey, awkward moose, awkward starfish, and my new favorite: the awkward backpack!
I actually drew this deliciously questionable piece as a birthday card for my friend Nardeen; complete with a quote to make even the weirdest of folks scratch their head in confusion…
“Awkward turtle would like to bite your finger.”
In case you didn’t guess, there is a bit of an esoteric side to this one. The finger biting gag is in reference to the youtube vid “Charlie bit my finger”. If you haven’t seen it, WATCH IT!!! In the mean time, u can trust good ol’ turtsy here will be waiting for you when you come back… waiting… staring… awkward…

5 comments:

annabelle said...

what about my birthday? i'm sad you haven't drawn me anything yet! :(
like last year you said you would. . .

L. D. Torres said...

I've started it actually... yours is just too hard! too many details, i did this in a few hours, yours will take days of work!

Ben said...

Very nice.

Even got Charlie bit me in there. I have been working on fitting some joke about the video/remix vid. into my blog.

Emma said...

I miss awkward turtle, not been around much lately!! Ive not met any of his friends except awkward peacock..he still visits somtimes! Nice pic btw!!

C.B. Canga said...

ha! nice job.