Friday, May 1, 2009

Panini



I Love Chowder! It’s a hilarious show that embodies my sense of humor completely! One character who I find particularly amusing is Panini. She’s a boy crazy pink rabbit with killer eyelashes and an obsessive crush on Chowder, (which is the premise for my favorite catchphrase of the show… “I’M NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!”) hahaha… so true…
Really, I never get to watch it unless I’m visiting my dad and the kids in SoCal, so it’s certainly a nice treat every time I come over. One thing I noticed about Panini, though… she seemed strikingly familiar. I googled cartoon girl bunny images (not a good idea if your adult content block isn’t on… eeesh!) and lookey what I reckognized. Striking resemblance eh?



I doodled this for the kids after my magnificent revelation...

I think what I like most about Panini is that she’s appallingly nostalgic! I’m sure we’ve all had either our elementary school girlfriends and boyfriends, or at least had some kid who would constantly follow us, give us useless but sweet gifts, call us their significant other (though they may not have even known the meaning of the term), and would sob ferociously at the thought of you possibly being interested in Denise Gonzales, even though there was nothing going on between you two, and you just wanted to say “hi”, is that so wrong?!?! I just wanted to say HI!!!! GET OFF MY BACK WOMAN!!!
Oh, and she can cook… that’s a plus.

4 comments:

Ben said...

Haha, great drawings!
This post actually is bringing my attention back to your post on Cartoon Crushes. Me and Lola Bunny; we go way back.

Ugly One said...

Boo! =)

L. D. Torres said...

DOH! Which of my BozoBros needs a good sock in the kisser?!

annabelle said...

aw man!